Using Olive Oil for Natural Hair Growth | 4C Black African Hair
Tips on Using Olive Oil to Grow Natural Hair | 4B & 4C Hair / Black African Hair / Afro Hair / Curly Hair
Welcome back to the Jostylin blog. Hope you are feeling great and your day is going well so far. Today, I olive oil for black hair growth on natural hair would like to discuss a little bit more about using Olive Oil for Natural Hair Growth on 4C Black Hair. I recently wrote an article on using olive oil in your deep conditioners, but I thought I should discuss a little bit more about olive oil, its components and why it works well for added shine, with an ability to stop breakage on natural hair.
With this article I aim to give you a little more factual information on olive oil and why you should start purchasing the slightly more expensive brands in grocery stores, as opposed to the cheaper brands.
Continue reading and don’t forget to visit the hair shop by clicking the image below. In the hair shop, there is a range of luscious hair products to maintain and grow healthy hair.
Which Olive Oil is the Best Oil for Black Hair Growth?
As mentioned in my previous post titled ‘Olive Oil Homemade Deep Conditioner for Damaged Hair‘, my frequent visits to Turkey, means I am always able to get my hand on some of the best olive oils ever produced. I get my olive oil from a town called Fethiye, which is on the West coast of Turkey. I can assure you that, when living in the UK, I never tasted Olive oil so good.
The truth is that almost 90% of olive oils stocked in grocery stores across the world are not real olive oil – this is something I found out since I started visiting Turkey. When you get your hands in the real olive oil, you will be shocked at how fast your hair will flourish and how quickly breakage will stop. It will begin to be your best ally to achieve a longer, abundant and beautiful hair.
Olive oil is a natural hair product full of essential nutrients for good hair health and, among other things, moisturizes, repairs and regenerates from the inside, helping your hair to grow in a much healthier way. If you use it regularly as a hot oil hair treatment for natural hair growth or a deep conditioner for hair growth. you will see how quickly your hair always looks moist and gains centimeters without so many complications.
Benefits of Olive Oil for Natural Hair Growth On 4B & 4C Hair / Black African Hair / Afro Hair / Curly Hair
Olive oil is a product full of vitamins, minerals and fatty acids excellent to take care of the hair and keep it always healthy and with the best possible beauty. Thanks to this composition, it has traditionally been used to combat many hair problems and among these is excessive hair loss and poor hair growth.
In the following lines, we list all the benefits of olive oil for hair so you can discover why it can help you get a longer and more beautiful mane in less time than expected:
- It has the ability to block the hormone DHT, which in many cases is responsible for the contraction of the hair follicle and can lead to excessive hair loss. Therefore, olive oil is one of the best home remedies for hair growth that can be used regularly.
- It is a great repairing treatment against the split ends, because it completely eliminates the dryness of the hair. With this, it is achieved that the tips are perfectly hydrated and, therefore, that they are not split at the first change.
- It is highly moisturizing and moisturizing due to the fatty acids it contains. These properties added to the regenerating, make olive oil a great remedy to promote the growth of hair, especially that which is damaged and mistreated.
- Olive oil is rich in vitamin E, a nutrient that helps strengthen hair and prevent premature aging. This makes hair grow healthier and much stronger.
- It also contains vitamin C and this nutrient stimulates the production of collagen , which is a substance that allows thinner hair to become stronger and thicker. The result is a much denser, abundant and longer hair.
- Olive oil also helps to eliminate frizz from the hair and to soften it, which allows to handle and comb it with a lot more facility.
Other Best Oils for Natural Hair Growth | 4B & 4C Hair / Black African Hair / Afro Curly Hair
For more information on using oils for hair growth, check out my other articles on:
- Coconut oil for natural hair growth
- Olive oil for natural hair growth on black hair
- Homemade hot oil treatment for natural hair growth
- Best oils for natural hair growth
- Castor oil for natural hair growth on black hair
- Hemp oil for natural hair growth
- Best oils for natural hair growth
How to Apply Olive Oil On Natural Black Hair So That it Grows
As mentioned above, in the market, you can find several types of olive oils, but to promote hair growth, it is best to acquire one that is extra virgin, so you can ensure that your hair benefits from all its properties. There are also several ways to apply olive oil to the hair to grow, which include hot oil treatments and deep conditioners.
In my opinion, the most effective way to get the essential vitamins and nutrients that olive oil carries is with deep conditioner treatments and hair mask, simply because they also include the repairing and nourishing properties of other products that also stimulate hair growth.
Here are some simple yet effective Olive oil hair masks which you can use in your weekly regimen.
Olive Oil Hot Oil Treatment for Afro Natural Hair Growth
1. In a bowl, pour 2 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil, depending on the amount of hair you have and its length, and heat it slightly in the microwave. It will be enough with about 15 or 20 seconds.
2. Moisten your hair with warm water and apply olive oil all over the hair, from the scalp to the tips.
3. Cover the hair with a towel and let the oil work for about 30 minutes. With the heat generated when carrying the towel, you get the nutrients of olive oil penetrate much better in the hair fibers and act from the inside.
4. After that time, rinse the hair with plenty of warm water and perform a normal wash.
You can carry out this treatment to grow hair with olive oil once a week. Now, if your hair is very oily, it is best that you do it every 15 days or that you only apply the oil from medium to ends, avoiding doing it on the scalp.
For more on hot oil treatments, read my article on How to Do a Hot Oil Treatment for Natural Hair Growth.
Olive oil and Egg Homemade Deep Conditioner for Natural Hair Growth
The mask of olive oil and egg for hair is ideal to receive extreme hydration and strengthen the hair fibers. The egg contains biotin, a vitamin that helps the hair follicles get the nutrients they need so that the hair grows healthy and does not fall as much.
Preparation: Beat 1 egg and mix with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 small spoonful of honey. Apply the mask on wet hair, massage and leave for 30 minutes.
Avocado is also an excellent fruit to make hair grow faster and healthier , especially because it strengthens the hair follicles and combats dryness. It also helps with frizz control on natural hair and and repairs damaged ends.
Preparation: mash the pulp of 1 avocado and mix with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Apply the mixture on the wet hair evenly and leave on for 20 or 30 minutes.
Mask of Olive oil and Rosemary Oil for Natural Black Hair Growth
Growing the hair with olive oil and rosemary oilis possible because rosemary helps to reactivate the blood circulation of the scalp and, therefore, strengthen the hair follicles. In addition, it is a good treatment to combat dandruff.
Preparation: prepare an infusion of rosemary and then mix it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Apply the mask all over the hair from the roots to the tips, leave on for 20 or 30 minutes and finally rinse with plenty of warm water.
How to Grow Natural Black Hair Fast | 4B & 4C Hair / Black African Hair / Afro Hair / Curly Hair
For more information on growing natural hair, you can read my article on How to Grow Natural Hair Fast.